Thursday, February 28, 2008

Complaints Via Harmony

I give you, complaints choirs!

The complaints Choir is the brainchild of Helsinki residents Tellervo Kalleinen and Oliver Kochta-Kalleinen. The idea has since spread to cities around the world.

"In the Finnish vocabulary there is an expression "Valituskuoro". It means "Complaints Choir" and it is used to describe situations where a lot of people are complaining simultaneously. Kalleinen and Kochta-Kalleinen thought: 'Wouldn't it be fantastic to take this expression literally and organise a real Complaints Choir!'" complaintschoir.org Via Jess Wundrun.
I'm currently enjoying the Birmingham one.

These harmonic whingings are brought to you courtesy of some damned dirty ape that I'll probably put on my blogroll once I actually expand the damned thing for the long-past amnesty drive.)



No comments:

Post a Comment