Tuesday, July 24, 2007

The Most Interesting Thing About the YouTube Debate..

Is this page, which quickly and effectively pulls together all the questions and answers as embedded (and embeddable) videos. I mentioned a while back that I thought that one of the most interesting things about the current Internet is embedding... that for the first time, video can serve print, rather than the other way around. Case in point:



This is their answers to the question "are you a liberal?" The answers don't really matter, though I'm NOT pleased with Clinton running away from the label. What grabs me is that that question, and answer, are easily available to "quote", and comment on, for anybody with a computer and an idea. You don't need editing software, a camera, and a pretty face to do the analysis... you can just quote it and type your response, same as with anything else.

Don't get me wrong. I'm still no huge fan of "vlogging". The idea of video replacing text is a vestige of the 20th century that the 21st century would be wise to leave behind. Video supplementation, though? That I'll support.

No comments:

Post a Comment