Friday, July 04, 2003

Found a very personal and wrenching reaction to Bush's idiotic comment over at Electrolite's comment section by Paul Riddel:
Right now, my brother Eric (Ron Post to my Russ, if you're up on your Matt Howarth references) is stationed in the Baghdad Airport as part of the 82nd Airborne, and he's supposed to be there for the next year... Now I face the very real likelihood that I may never see my brother alive again, and that his chances of survival were just cut in half by a draft-dodging cokehead MBA with the IQ of a turnip, and I get REALLY angry.
Make no mistake: there will be a lot of Americans who get off on the macho bravado shown here, perhaps enough that Rove thought that Bush saying these sorts of things is a good idea. It's been intrinsic to the entire enterprise of invading and occupying Iraq. Everyone should keep in mind, though, that there are sisters, brothers, fathers and mothers that are being endangered by this sort of nonsense, and to no good end except making the manhood of a few reactionary idiots feel a little bigger.

Rush Limbaugh's erection is not worth Eric Riddel's life.

No comments:

Post a Comment