Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Creepy!

Wow, I'd missed this clip of Tweety being ULTRA-CREEPY in hitting on CNBC's Erin Burnett on the air. From the transcript:

BURNETT: -- and all those creative types of mortgages. And you could say that's a good thing, but, you know, Chris, I guess just to throw it out there and, you know, be provocative, but also ask a fair question -- you know, maybe not everybody is able to own a home. We like to think of owning a home as a right in this country.

MATTHEWS: Yeah.

BURNETT: It might not be.

MATTHEWS: Could you get a little closer to the camera?

BURNETT: My -- what is it? Is it zooming in strangely?

MATTHEWS: Come on in closer. No, come in -- come in further -- come in closer. Really close.

BURNETT: What are you -- what are you doing?

MATTHEWS: Just kidding! You look great! Anyway, thanks. Erin, it's great to -- look at that look. You're great.

BURNETT: I don't even know. I'm going to have to go look at the tape here. I'm in a strange location.

MATTHEWS: No, you're beautiful. I'm just kidding. I'm just kidding. You're a knockout. Anyway, thank you, Erin Burnett.
CREEPY. And, yeah, it kind of smacks of Chris trying to kill those "tweety likes the beefy men" rumors. Still creepy.

(HT: digby, who points out that this is a primo example of "the more subtle forms of sexual harassment [that] drive women nuts.)

No comments:

Post a Comment