Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Things May Quiet Down for a Little While

(This posting was a part of My Elves are Different's "Blog as if it's the end of the world" event. It is about a zombie invasion, and entirely fictional.)

Satellite information suggests that the number of zombies in the immediate area are relatively low, thanks to the near-constant stream of lead and depleted uranium that's been pouring out of the bunker at the top of this complex, that's no surprise. I have no idea how many have been destroyed (there's a device that sweeps away and destroys the bodies using a process that I wish I had never seen), but all appears to be clear near here.

It looks like there's more survivors than I thought. Judging by the viewership numbers at that zombie information clearinghouse site, there's a LOT more. That's good news.

Of course, considering how remote this place is, that may not mean much. For all I know they are simply attracted to the richer harvests of the major cities. While it looks like containment efforts are well under way, the task before them is incredible.

As for Ayinde and her towel... it's going to take a while. It looks like, from what I'm hearing, that they understand the basics of how this works, and the possibilities are vast. Not only may they understand how to stop this thing, but they may have proof about the connection between BLITEOWL and the current infestation. Next time I post, I should be able to let you know about that.

Until then, I'm going to rest a bit, and see if my hearing will come back.

No comments:

Post a Comment