Wednesday, June 13, 2007

The London Towel Conflict Has Been Resolved

(This posting was a part of My Elves are Different's "Blog as if it's the end of the world" event. It is about a zombie invasion, and entirely fictional.)

First, it looks like the clearinghouse is still up. They're claiming that this is over; it isn't over, at least not yet. Not sure what's going on over there. At least they're optimistic, saying that they'll be spending the weekend looking for "the best coverage". Being around on the weekend... quite a group of optimists.

The Ayinde family and that infamous towel have finally been retrieved. The conflict was still raging, but there were negotiations among the major powers that had people on the ground, and it looks like everybody agreed that they had a common interest in seeing an end to this thing. I don't think this is going to stop the disinformation coming out of all those compromised blogs, but it's a start.

Of course, the facility that they took the towel to is nowhere near this facility, and it may be difficult for me to get over there. There is communication, but no transportation. Besides, representatives from a whole lot of nations will be there- I'm not confident I can stay incognito there. I'll still report more when I find out more.

No comments:

Post a Comment