Saturday, July 01, 2006

Happy Canada Day- and Cheers to Americans, too

To any Canadian readers out there. I had meant what I said before about the possibilities inherent in Canadian liberalism, and I'm truly fascinated by the debate going on within the Liberal party over issues that, were it America, would be overwhelmed with twitching fear over looking "weak on defense" by the Usual Suspects.

Pity that the whole thing seems to be dominated by Ignatieff, everybody's favorite "liberal hawk", but the existence of the debate is welcome.

As for the "Cheers".. isn't it obvious? Gitmo is screwed, and trying to dodge the Geneva Convention is probably dead as well. Great news, probably the last bit of good news to come out of the Roberts court. I'll take what I can get, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment