Monday, February 05, 2007

Web 2.0

Found kind of a nifty presentation on what "Web 2.0" is supposed to mean on Youtube.

It feels a bit too much like a circa 1999 Wired article, but it's nifty enough. The "teaching the machine using tags" stuff is a bit much, but the points about ease of content posting and the differentiation between form and content is at the heart of the whole blogging phenomenon. People use blogs, at their core, because they're an incredibly easy way to present a constant, readable flow of content without having to muck around much with HTML. That's really all that "Web 2.0" is- the technology facilitating user-created content. It's not about labels "teaching the machine" or any of that folderol.

(And no, I'm not disparaging labels just because I don't want to go through my archives and label everything now that I've switched to the New Blogger.)

(That's a big part of it, of course, but not the only reason.)

By the way, I'd encourage all my readers (all three of you) to go bug Atrios to keep me on his blogroll. OG bloggers need to stick together, dawg.

No comments:

Post a Comment